Share this News Release
DownloadDownload a .zip archive file of this News Release.
Citrix Announces GoToManage Monitoring for XenServer
Cloud-based IT Management Platform Enables SMBs and IT Consultants to Consolidate Monitoring of Physical and Virtual Servers
CITRIX SYNERGY 2011, SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., May 25, 2011 – Today at Citrix Synergy™, the event where virtual computing takes center stage, Citrix Systems announced Citrix® GoToManage® Monitoring for XenServer®. The latest capability of GoToManage solves a key challenge for SMBs and IT consultants in monitoring both physical and virtual servers distributed among dispersed offices and data centers.
GoToManage is the new integrated offering for IT professionals and SMBs who need to monitor and manage a range of devices in support of increasingly distributed, remote and mobile workforces. It builds on Citrix’s number one market position in remote support to provide a new complete remote support and monitoring solution for both attended and unattended computers.
GoToManage consists of a real-time remote support module and a monitoring module, which provides detailed real-time server monitoring, inventory and software discovery, and network tracking. The addition of GoToManage Monitoring for XenServer offers a new single view to track the health and performance of all key physical and virtual IT infrastructure. The service is cloud-based, enabling SMBs to tackle the complexity of managing their servers without the added expense of deploying expensive hardware and software probes.
What Is New for GoToManage:
- Tracks all XenServer host and virtual machine configurations, monitoring their health and performance.
- Provides one unified view of all distributed physical and virtual machines.
- Discover and inventory physical and virtual servers and view detailed information about their configuration, health and performance.
- Provides instant visibility into what virtual machines are running on a given host, and detailed information about them.
Why it matters
- Makes what was invisible visible, by presenting detailed availability and latency information on all aspects of Windows®, Linux®, and XenServer servers.
- Eliminates downtime via automated alerting based on customer-defined critical machine and process thresholds.
- Real-time resource monitoring helps to predict capacity bottlenecks and improve overall utilization.
“With the rapid growth of cloud computing and virtual infrastructure, IT professionals need a single solution to monitor both physical and virtual machines. Our new XenServer monitoring capabilities take only a few minutes to set up and reinforce our commitment to making the lives of SMBs and IT consultants easier.” Elizabeth Cholawsky, general manager and vice president of IT Services for the Online Services Division of Citrix.
“SMBs and IT professionals increasingly need to provide support to their customers in distributed locations in an affordable and efficient way. Online remote monitoring and management tools such as Citrix GotoManage Monitoring for XenServer that can visualize, monitor and arrange physical and virtual server resources can cut costs for SMB IT professionals, service providers and their customers.” George Hamilton, principal analyst at Yankee Group.
Pricing and Availability
The XenServer functionality is included at no additional cost for all GoToManage Monitoring customers. Also, GoToManage Monitoring has a free version that allows anyone to monitor two servers and inventory and track up to 18 other devices (e.g., computers, switches, routers).
GoToManage is a cloud-based application that enables IT professionals to provide remote support for end users while also being able to monitor and control unattended remote physical and virtual machines. GoToManage includes two modules, which can be purchased together or separately. GoToManage Remote Support provides the ability to deliver live end-user support and to control unattended computers and servers. GoToManage Monitoring enables IT managers and managed service providers (MSPs) to inventory, monitor, and manage all of their desktop devices (PCs and Macs), servers, and networks.
- Citrix Launches GoToManage for the iPad
- Remote Support and IT Management Just Got Easier with Citrix GoToManage
- Citrix Enters SaaS-based IT Management with GoToManage
- GoToManage Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GoToManage
- GoToManage Twitter: http://twitter.com/gotomanage
- GoToAssist YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/gotoassist
- Workshifting blog: workshifting.com
- Workshifting Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/workshifting
- Twitter: @GoToManage, @Citrix_Synergy and #CitrixSynergy
About Citrix Systems, Inc.
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leading provider of virtual computing solutions that help companies deliver IT as an on-demand service. Founded in 1989, Citrix combines virtualization, networking, and cloud computing technologies into a full portfolio of products that enable virtual workstyles for users and virtual datacenters for IT. More than 230,000 organizations worldwide rely on Citrix to help them build simpler and more cost-effective IT environments. Citrix partners with over 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2010 was $1.87 billion.
The Online Services Division of Citrix provides secure, easy-to-use cloud-based solutions that enable people to work from anywhere with anyone. Whether using GoToMeeting® to hold online meetings, GoToWebinar® to conduct larger web events, GoToTraining® to train customers or employees, GoToMyPC® to access and work on a remote Mac® or PC, GoToAssist® to support customers or GoToManage® for IT support and management, businesses and individuals are increasing productivity, decreasing travel costs and improving sales, training and service on a global basis. For more information, visit www.citrixonline.com.
# # #
 IDC, Worldwide Clientless Remote Support Services 2009 Top 6 Market Share Leaders, May 2010
Citrix® is a trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.