Share this News Release
Citrix GoToAssist Enhances Mobile and BYOD Support
Remote Support of iOS Devices, Free App for Android, Upgraded App for iPad, and Session Recording Now Available
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – August 29, 2012 – Citrix announced today that its market-leading remote support product, Citrix GoToAssist, now offers an expanded feature set to address the growing IT demand to support mobile devices. As recent research has indicated, mobile workstyles and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) company initiatives are becoming accepted business practices, putting increased pressure on IT staff to deliver fast and efficient mobile device support both on and off company networks. The new GoToAssist capabilities enable IT professionals to deliver responsive remote support of iOS devices. In addition, remote support sessions can be initiated directly from the mobile devices themselves, using new GoToAssist apps for Android and iOS. Both applications offer free unlimited remote support for attended sessions.
As the remote support technology of choice for more than 50+ million support sessions in 2011, the GoToAssist product was recently recognized as a Community Choice Honoree in the 2012 Small Business Influencer Awards in the Apps Category. GoToAssist achieved this designation by receiving top votes from its customer community and remote support users. This nomination reaffirms that GoToAssist is continuing to deliver IT support solutions that customers need and demand.
“From smartphones to tablets and laptops, mobile devices have simply become a pervasive business necessity. These are tools that organizations and their employees just can’t live without, which places increased pressure on IT professionals to provide quick and effective support to a growing number of devices,” said Elizabeth Cholawsky, vice president and general manager, IT Support Line of Business, Citrix. “At Citrix, we’re focused on IT support solutions that deliver instant effective support, maximize client satisfaction and drive real business results for new ways of working.”
New Feature Highlights:
- Remote Support of iOS Devices: IT professionals now have the ability to provide support for iPad and iPhone users and their mobile devices via optimized chat, as well as the ability to conduct secure chat sessions, update profiles and configure device settings remotely. Profiles created with the iPhone Configuration Utility can also be shared to troubleshoot problems and set business policies.
- GoToAssist for Android – free remote support app: IT professionals can deliver live support anytime, anywhere directly from their Android mobile device, instantly connecting to their clients’ computers at no cost. In addition, GoToAssist paid subscribers receive the added benefits of access to unattended machines, diagnostic viewing and other support tools.
- Updated GoToAssist App for iPad: In the new version, paid subscribers can now view diagnostic information about the computer supported, email the .TXT file of all the diagnostic reports, and transfer support sessions started from the GoToAssist Expert desktop application to the GoToAssist app for iPad (and vice versa).
- Session Recording: This new optional recording feature captures active support and chat sessions for auditing and training, enabling better monitoring of technician effectiveness and customer support. Recordings are stored for 90 days in standard downloadable MPEG-4 format.
- Language Support: International versions of GoToAssist Remote Support and Monitoring are now available in French and German.
GoToAssist Remote Support offers users the ability to provide support to PCs, Macs and iOS devices and from PCs, Macs, Android and iPad devices.
“IDC expects to see growing demand for cloud-based, remote support tools, primarily driven by the continuing increase in mobile device adoption and the complex software required to enable that adoption across all devices. Support providers must focus on delivering efficient, effective live support to resolve problems quickly and enable a superior customer experience. Support delivery tools like GoToAssist from Citrix that are easy to use, highly scalable, and available from and to a range of mobile devices can help IT professionals looking to provide a high level of support in an increasingly mobile world.” Elaina Stergiades, Research Manager, Software Support Services, IDC
“GoToAssist is a one-stop shop. I can do so much with a couple clicks of my mouse. I can remotely connect into my client’s machines quickly and provide service with no problems. With the mobile support features, I can be even more responsive. The session recording will be great for trainings or for clients that want more detail on the resolution history – we plan to include this as another value added service. I truly love the service.” Goran Donev, Owner, Donev Technology Consulting (Chicago, Illinois)
“At Hume City Council, we’ve been using Citrix GoToAssist Corporate and FastChat for the last 12 months as a way to provide a faster and more effective response to inquiries from residents and businesses. With the rapid growth in the use of tablets and other mobile devices, our customers are now requesting easier channels of communication and self-service through these devices. We’re looking forward to using the new iOS device support features in order to provide a faster and more convenient resolution to inquiries.” Jo McCray, Customer Service Manager, Hume City Council (Melbourne, Australia)
“With GoToAssist, we are able to provide effective remote support across the company with minimum disruption to end-users. Unlike other solutions, where the user has to be there and watch us do our work, GoToAssist allows us to undertake remote diagnostic and repair work without the need to involve the user. The additional mobile support features enables us to support the growing number of smartphones and tablets in our business. It’s this flexibility and focus on delivering fast, effective support that means GoToAssist remains embedded within our business.” Peter Maljaars, Global IT Services and Infrastructure Manager, O’Neill (Warmond, The Netherlands)
“Providing onsite technical support to our widely dispersed customers became too costly, particularly when we spent two days’ time traveling to provide one day or sometimes only a couple hours of service. We now use GoToAssist Corporate to provide remote support from any location at any time. The added mobile device support is also valuable as I bring my tablet with me everywhere I go in case of emergencies. The product saves us, and our customers, time and money. We are more efficient and productive. It’s so easy to use.” Allan Bacero, Support Manager, Network Administrator Solver, Inc. (Los Angeles, California).
- Citrix Recognized as Community Choice Honoree in 2012 Small Business Influencer Award
- Supporting Mobile Devices with New Tools From GoToAssist
- Session Recording with GoToAssist
- Citrix Synergy 2012: Celebrating 10 Years of GoToAssist Remote Support
- Citrix Provides New Support Capabilities for Mobile and Social Workstyles with Its Award-Winning GoToAssist
- Citrix GoToAssist Has Fastest Remote Support Connection Times in Head-to-Head Industry Comparison
Follow Us Online
- www.citrix.com, >www.citrixonline.com and www.gotoassist.com
- Twitter: @Citrix, @CitrixOnline, @GoToAssist
- Citrix on Facebook, GoToAssist on Facebook
- Workshifting blog: https://workshifting.com/
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
The Online Services division of Citrix provides secure, easy-to-use cloud-based solutions that enable people to work from anywhere with anyone. Whether using GoToMeeting to hold online meetings, GoToWebinar to conduct larger web events, GoToTraining to train customers or employees, Podio to create customized workspaces and apps to collaborate with anyone, GoToMyPC to access and work on a remote Mac or PC, GoToAssist to provide IT support and management or ShareFile to securely share files, documents and data, businesses and individuals are increasing productivity, decreasing travel costs and improving sales, training and service on a global basis. For more information, visit www.citrixonline.com.
# # #
Citrix, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar GoToTraining, Podio, GoToMyPC, GoToAssist and ShareFile are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and are or may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.